Specializing in Government & Commercial Solutions
GFS, LLC was founded and incorporated in 2016 by owner Mitchell (Mitch) Goodwin. Mitch is a US Army, Service-Disabled Veteran and former Service Chief with 25+ years experience with the US Department of Veterans Affairs. Mitch started GFS because he saw a need for general contractors with experience in government operations and contracts who could get supplies delivered and projects completed in a timely manner.
GFS is a relatively young company but has grown quickly and is setting the industry standard in our region for fair pricing on products and services, and quality workmanship on government and commercial construction.
Mitch and the GFS team take pride in a more personal approach to the services we offer our customers. We are certain this is the reason we’re able to retain our customers and continue to grow at the rate we have in the past 3 years.
Not only is Goodwin Facilities Solutions a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), we take pride in in the fact that many of our employees and our executive team are Veterans and/or former government employees. We value their high level of skill, standards, experience, and expertise that they bring to our daily operations.
Mitch is an 82nd Airborne Veteran with the US Army. He is also a former Service Chief for Environmental Management, and Facility Manager for the Department of Veterans Affairs. 25+ years Facilities Management Experience.
Mitch's role with GFS includes:
•Specialized expertise in directing teams, overseeing multiple projects, establishing priorities, delegating activities and achieving productivity and quality objectives.
•Strategic planning, coordination and budgeting skills necessary for performing project management and program management functions.
•Organizational and planning skills for monitoring schedules, ensuring timelines, expediting processes and following through.
•Excellent project management skills: quickly establish correct priorities and initiate steps to attain objectives and meet deadlines.
•Develop scope of business process changes using expert facilitation skills, which include defining and developing methodologies, standards, and processes for projects.
Tiffany is a former employee of the Department of Veterans Affairs with 20+ years of executive level management experience.
Tiffany’s role with GFS includes:
• Provides strategic leadership and vision to the company
• Formulation of long-term strategies
taking strategic decisions in the area of building works, constructions, and business expansion
• Plans and schedules ongoing work and adjust staffing levels or work procedures to accommodate resource allocations and decisions.
• Assist subordinate facility organizations with strategic procurement planning and collaborative requirement consolidation to leverage buying power and reduce supply chain costs.
• Oversees day-to-day operations of administrative and field services personnel
Greg is a US Air Force Veteran with 20+ years experience as a Contracting Officer for the Air Force and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Greg's role with GFS include the following:
•Performing procurement analyst functions, Reviewed and evaluated complex contracting actions for adequacy of market research, acquisition strategies and source selection plans to ensure compliance with governing policies and regulations.
•Establishing policies and procedures for efficient and effective execution of cradle-to-grave contracting duties in support of contract requirements ranging from micro-purchases to complex multimillion-dollar services.
•Plan and schedule ongoing work and adjust staffing levels or work procedures to accommodate resource allocations and decisions. Assist subordinate facility organizations with strategic procurement planning and collaborative requirement consolidation to leverage buying power and reduce supply chain costs.
•Serve as point-of-contact with the vendor community and represent the organization at various small business outreach events to maximize opportunities for and participation of Veteran-Owned and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned small businesses.
•Review and evaluate acquisition strategies, formal source selection plans/processes and other contract actions for adequacy and made recommendations to ensure each acquisition was conducted in an efficient and effective manner.
John is a former US Army Warrant Officer with 25 years of Commercial and Government estimating and project management experience. John is considered an expert in his filed with using RS Means for estimating accuracy.
John’s role with GFS includes:
• Providing GFS and our partners with reviews of project drawings and of technical specifications.
• Using his experience and attention to detail ensure that every aspect and cost of a job has been accounted for.
• Provides guidance to filed staff GFS field staff to ensure jobs are completed on time and on budget
• Serves as a project manager for large contracts
• Over see’s workmanship of GFS Staff and Subcontractors to ascertain that specifications of contracts are followed.
Heather is an Air Force, Security Forces Veteran and former Procurement and Acquisitions Specialists and Contracting Officer Representative (COR)for the Department of Veterans affairs. She has 10+ years of office management and procurement skills. Former Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for government contracts. Green Belt/ Lean/ Six Sigma Certified. Expert in process improvement and data analysis.
Heather’s role with GFS include the following:
• Informs management by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends. Follows up on status of projects and orders of supplies/ goods to ensure accuracy, quality control, and customer satisfaction.
• Maintains and seeks out business relationships with outside vendors and suppliers.
Goodwin Facility Solutions, LLC is a general contracting company that provides goods and services to commercial, industrial, and government entities.
Copyright © 2020 Goodwin Facilities Solutions, LLC